Search for atmospheres
Cair Paravel Beach
Beach near Sted Cair
This stretch of beach is quiet, largely abandoned except for the occasional
shorebird. Perfectly clear blue water surges up in rhythmic waves to meet the
smooth shore, fine golden sand studded with seashells. The water is gentle and
fairly shallow for some distance out, though a darkening in the color suggests
an abrupt drop-off of the ground below the surface. The beach is sheltered by
a series of towering sea-stacks to the southeast and by the the peninsula to
the north, on which the castle of Cair Paravel sits with all its windows
glittering in the sun. The beach gets progressively rockier to the south,
where smooth sand gives way gradually to tide pools and boulders.
A sandy little-trodden path leads southwest up the slope to the main road, and
the beach is clear all the way to the castle to the north.
[[The choir can be muted for when there are no mermaids about]]
Comments for "Beach near Sted Cair"
License details for "Beach near Sted Cair"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Walking on Sand by Cheeseheadburger from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Wind Gust by crashoverride61088 from http://freesound.org +)
- Seagulls by dobroide from http://freesound.org +)
- BeachWaves2-FS by juskiddink from http://freesound.org +)
- Uuuuh Choir by maerkunst from http://freesound.org +)
- Geese by MAJ061785 from http://freesound.org +)
- Splash by Soundscalpel.com from http://freesound.org +)