Search for atmospheres
Book of Speculation
“We carry our families like anchors, rooting us in storms, making sure we never drift from where and who we are. We carry our families within us the way we carry our breath underwater, keeping us afloat, keeping us alive.”
― Erika Swyler, The Book of Speculation
Simon trudges across the beach with his musty book held tight to his chest. His eyes clench shut tightly as the seagulls scream above and the waves crash against the gritty sand and the ragged rocks. He toes off his shoes and begins wading into the Sound that took his mother five years ago. The frigid water engulfed him quickly, crashing into him and pulling him in with the crabs and the buoys.
Comments for "The Sound"
License details for "The Sound"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Small Waves Hitting Boat by Benboncan of the Freesound Project +)
- Walking on Sand by Cheeseheadburger from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Wind in the Grass by ciccarelli from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Seagulls in the distance by inchadney from freesound.org +)
- Calmwaves sandbeach by klankbeeld from http://freesound.org +)
- rocky beach 2 by mario1298 at freesound.org +)
- Boat's Horn by nathanprtII (http://www.freesound.org/people/nathanprtII/) +)
- My Jolly Sailor Bold by Sephanie Sings from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqVnm16pK_8 +)